How to Roast Red Peppers
Write a review
- Red Peppers
- Throw the pepper on to the flame and DON'T LEAVE IT EVEN FOR A SECOND.
- Depending on the heat of the flame, give each side of the pepper 20-30 seconds over the heat. Continue rotating until the pepper is covered in a char.
- Immediately pop the pepper in the paper bag and close tightly.
- Let sit in the steam for at least 1/2 hour.
- When pepper has cooled enough to handle, use your fingers to scrape off the charred skin.
- Tear pepper into large strips, if desired.
- Store in fridge in a closed container, or can.
- What you need: Ripe red peppers Metal tongs Open flame (Gas burner or a BBQ will do) Brown paper bag (I like to use small ones) Good ventilation! Make sure the fan’s on and a door is open.
Pretty Eats http://www.pretty-eats.com/