How to make Sparkling Shortbread Cookies
Basic and foolproof…and don’t be afraid to use your hands! The sparkling comes from a sugar glaze.
Write a review
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- Combine flour, salt and sugar; cut in butter until the a fine, crumbly consistency developes. (I had to use my fingers to mix the butter in….I found it much easier than using a fork or pastry cutter.)
- Form mixture into a ball; knead until smooth.
- Gently roll out dough and create desired shapes (wedges, rectangles or your favorite cookie cutter shape!)
- Bake on a cookie sheet in a 325 degree oven for about 25 minutes. They should be a beautiful light golden brown…keep an eye on them towards the end since they can go from golden to brown quickly!
- Make them sparkle: Sift powdered sugar into a small bowl and slowly whisk in water. The glaze should be liquid, and add more water if needed. Dip cooled cookies sparingly into the glaze and place on wire rack to dry. Add sprinkles or additional sugar for extra shine!
Pretty Eats http://www.pretty-eats.com/