How to make Jingle Gingersnaps
A quick way to make a home feel cozy and festive…this is the BEST EVER Gingersnap recipe that will give you soft yet crispy snaps, not the traditional store-bought hockey puck.
Write a review
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup each: white sugar, brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar (for covering cookies before baking)
- 1/4 cup molasses, unsulphered
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp each: vanilla extract, baking soda, ground cloves
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- Beat butter and sugar until blended; add egg, molasses, and vanilla, combine.
- Add dry ingredients, combine until smooth.
- Cover and chill for at least a 1/2 hour.
- After chilling, scoop a tablespoon sized amount of dough, roll into a ball and roll in white sugar.
- Place cookie ball on baking sheet and gently flatten with the bottom of a glass. Space cookies about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 10-13 minutes (or more for crispier cookies). Cool on a wire rack. Makes about 3-4 dozen cookies, depending on size.
Pretty Eats http://www.pretty-eats.com/