How to make Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Write a review
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light soft brown sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup freshly grated carrot
- 1 cup flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons finely grated rind of 1 orange
- Optional for those without Walnut-Hating Husbands: 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- (Cream Cheese Frosting) 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/3 cup cream cheese (room temperature works best)
- Cakes: Beat together sugar and butter, then slowly add eggs. Gently mix in carrots and orange zest.
- In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients. Fold into wet ingredients.
- Pour into greased baking dish of choice (here I used mini-bunts and mini-cupcakes) and sprinkle with a bit of leftover sugar (and nuts if desired).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-35 minutes, depending on size of baking forms. Done when toothpick comes out clean.
- Cream Cheese Frosting: Simply whisk ingredients together until smooth…drizzle on cakes and ENJOY!
Pretty Eats http://www.pretty-eats.com/